skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Going shopping
- Today I am going to talk about shopping.
- Specifically food shopping.
- The main places that people shop in the Denmark is a supermarket.
- These are large shops which sell lots of goods.
- However the main area of interest to me is fruit, vegetables and meat.
- When I shop for these commodities I always choose my favourites.
- Regarding fruit this is apples, bananas, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- These are now available all the year round.
- In the vegetable section I choose potatoes, tomatoes, peas, beans and cabbage.
- As far as meat is concerned I buy chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and pork on a regular basis.
- Before finishing just a word about dairy products.
- The main dairy product I buy is milk.
- When I wish to treat myself then I have cream and yoghurt.
- beef – the flesh of a cow, bull, or ox, used as food
- blackberries – an edible soft fruit consisting of a cluster of soft purple-black drupelets
- cabbage – a cultivated plant eaten as a vegetable, having thick green or purple leaves surrounding a spherical heart or head of young leaves
- commodities – a raw material or primary agricultural product that can be bought and sold, such as copper or coffee
- concerned – worried, troubled, or anxious
- cream – the thick white or pale yellow fatty liquid which rises to the top when milk is left to stand and which can be eaten as an accompaniment to desserts or used as a cooking ingredient
- dairy products – food derived from or containing milk and its derivatives
- lamb – a young sheep
- peas – a spherical green seed which is eaten as a vegetable
- raspberries – an edible soft fruit related to the blackberry, consisting of a cluster of reddish-pink drupelets
- regarding – in respect of; concerning
- specifically – something is given special attention and considered separately from other things of the same kind
- strawberries – a sweet soft red fruit with a seed-studded surface
- treat – do or have something that gives one great pleasure
- turkey – a large mainly domesticated game bird native to North America, having a bald head and (in the male) red wattles. It is a popular food on festive occasions such as Christmas and (in the US) Thanksgiving