skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- My house has five rooms.
- Two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a sitting room.
- There is also a separate toilet.
- The kitchen and sitting room are on the ground floor.
- One bedroom and the bathroom are on the second floor.
- The second bedroom is on the top floor.
- My bedroom has one window.
- The furniture in my bedroom consists of a bed, a desk, a chair a bookcase and a chest of drawers.
- There is also a built in wardrobe.
- Beside my bed is a lamp.
- The floor has a carpet on it.
- On the wall there are two paintings and a map.
- In the middle of the ceiling is a light.
- The switch for the light is near the door.
- bathroom – a room containing a bath and usually also a washbasin and a toilet
- bedroom – a room for sleeping in
- bookcase – an open cabinet containing shelves on which to keep books
- carpet – a floor covering made from thick woven fabric
- ceiling – the upper interior surface of a room or other similar compartment
- chest – a large strong box, typically made of wood and used for storage or transport
- drawers – a box-like storage compartment without a lid, made to slide horizontally in and out of a desk, chest, or other piece of furniture
- ground floor – the floor of a building at ground level
- kitchen – a room or area where food is prepared and cooked
- sitting room – a room in a house in which people can sit down and relax
- switch – a device for making and breaking the connection in an electric circuit
- wardrobe – a large, tall cupboard in which clothes may be hung or stored