Person to admire. Five speaking questions, ten answers for IELTS Speaking Part 3 preparation.
Thank Norman for recording it.
Don’t forget to comment on it!
Script with key phrases
- Which person you most admire in World History?
- I was very impressed with the story of Janusz Korczak. Janusz was a Polish doctor and teacher.
- He was able to preserve humanity in the most brutal conditions, and he deserves our respect.
- Do you think his ideas widespread today?
- My opinion is that in today’s world children are more protected from cruelty.
- But humanity has both feelings of nobility and kindness, as well as anger and indifference.
- Who else do you think has a significant influence in history?
- I would like to mention a writer and scientist Yuri Lotman, who had a considerable influence on Russian culture.
- I remember his TV shows about Russian culture and art.
- What economic effect did the world cup have on Russia in 2018?
- I’m sorry to say this, but Russia has not received positive economic effects from the World Cup.
- Though well organized, it has resulted in legacy costs, the most significant being a higher retirement age.
- Do you believe in global warming?
- First of all, I want to say that whether we believe in global warming or not, it is still happening now.
- The climate in Moscow is much warmer now than it was during my childhood.
- admire – if you admire someone or something, you like and respect them very much
- considerable – notably large in size, amount, or extent
- cruelty – behaviour which causes physical or mental harm to another, especially a spouse, whether intentionally or not
- indifference – lack of interest, concern, or sympathy
- legacy costs – costs that resulted from the events
- noble – having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles
- preserve – retain (a condition or state of affairs)