Randy will show up, you’ll give him the brush.
- give someone the brush – to rebuff, snub or curtly reject someone
You’re already bringing in somebody from the bench.
- bring in someone from the bench – hook up with someone, find a guy / girl
- Of course, he did hang up on me.
- hang up on – if you hang up on someone you are speaking to on the phone, you end the phone call suddenly and unexpectedly
l was just thinking out loud.
- thinking out loud – it means that someone is verbalizing an internal monolog (or dialogue); thinking about something and, possibly inadvertently, saying it out loud
- Tell me about it.
Danny and l are going steady.
- going steady – if two people are going steady, they are having a long, fairly serious romantic relationship
- l think l might be free. l’ll check my Week At-A-Glance.
- You make it sound like l’m 12 years old.
l just wanted to comfort you in person.
- in person – with the personal presence or action of the individual specified