skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- I am going to talk about my parents.
- My father was an entrepreneur.
- My mother was an accountant.
- They were both born in the county of Roskilde and met when my father was in business trip.
- My father lived in one village for the whole of his life.
- My mother lived in several villages, then in my father’s village for over fifty years.
- Much of my father’s income came from selling furniture.
- The firm my mother worked in was very small.
- It was situated about eight kilometres from where they lived.
- After they retired they stayed in the same village.
- Several years ago they moved out of the village so they could be nearer my sister.
- Their house was sold.
- income – money received, especially on a regular basis, for work or through investments
- moved out – stop living in a particular house or place and go to live somewhere else
- retired – having left one’s job and ceased to work
- situated – in a particular place or position
- village – a group of houses and associated buildings, larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town, situated in a rural area